NOTE: Please limit game attendance at the field to immediate family members only.
Failure to abide by Facial Covering and Social Distancing Protocol can result in suspension of the individual(s)/teams involved up to and including removal from the COPL/OCL for the remainder of the Fall 2020 Season.
The Ohio Champions League (OCL), started in 2009, is designed for youth soccer teams above the recreational level between the ages of U-07 and U-15. This season, we are pleased to be expanding "up" to include the Central Ohio Premier League (COPL). The COPL will include the top teams from the top clubs in the Central Ohio area. Nearly all of these teams are professionally-coached teams.
The COPL will offer an Elite Division for top level teams and a Premier Division for mid level teams. The Ohio Champions League will continue to offer the Blue Division for the upper level teams, the Red Division for mid-level teams and the White Division for lower level teams. In the Spring 2020 season, we expect to offer a full program up through U-19.
The primary mission of the OCL is to provide an enjoyable soccer environment for a wide range of players desiring to play above the basic community-based recreational program. The OCL provides its teams, coaches, parents and players with tremendous flexibility in terms of game scheduling dates/times, opponents (including younger/older aged-teams as desired by the coaches), number of games, etc. The league allows for in-season roster flexibility as well.
The primary mission of the COPL is to provide a competitive local soccer environment for the upper and mid-level teams from some of the top clubs in Central Ohio that will play games in Central Ohio. The COPL will offer teams with the opportunity to play against upper level and mid-level competition right here in Central Ohio without playing "home games" 60 miles from Columbus. The COPL will share many of the qualities of the OCL including flexibility in scheduling, roster flexibility and a willingness to be flexible to work for the benefit for all teams.
Teams from the OCL will be able to schedule games with COPL teams. Players will be able to move freely between the two programs within the same club.
In addition, the OCL and COPL will offer a joint season-ending tournaments at the end of each Fall and Spring season.
Should you have further questions about the OCL, please feel free to send us an e-mail
should you have any questions.
Ken and KC McMahon
Trophy Presentations Will be in Two Areas
Trophies will be presented in TWO different locations:
ALL C Fields will be presented on the C side of the park near the T-Shirt Tent.
ALL D/E Fields will be presented just behind the White Building on the D Side of the Park.
1. PLEASE DOUBLE CHECK YOUR SCHEDULES! There have been several iterations of the schedule. The FINAL SCHEDULE is on the OCL Site. It can be reached by:
* Going to www.ohiochampionsleague.com
* Clicking on FORMS, RULES, MORE
* Clicking on OCL Fall 2020 League Tournament
* Clicking on the OCL Fall 2020 League Tournament FINAL Schedule
2. Parking at the Complex is ALWAYS a challenge. We have attempted to space the games in order to ensure there are a sufficient number of spaces.
* Traffic is ONE WAY in (Right Side of the park) and ONE WAY out (the Left Side -- or near side when coming from I-270). Please do not attempt to go in the other direction. The gravel path MUST be used when going out of the park. This is CRITICAL for traffic flow.
* Please note: There is a SIGNIFICANT number of spaces on the grass available. These spots MUST be used in order to accommodate all cars.
* Teams playing on fields D1, D3, D4, and E3 should utilize the front left lot. The entrance/exit to this area is fairly close to the front of the park on the left side.
* There are also a number of spaces in the back right corner of the park. Those playing on C4, C5 and E2 should park in the back lot.
* Please do NOT BLOCK access to either of the grass parking lots. If you do, your car will be towed.
3. Please observe ALL COVID-19 policies and procedures.
* Wear a mask at all times when on the way to the field, at the field and on the way off of the field.
* Please socially distance when not around family members. We have attempted to put spectators on the "outside" of fields in order to provide the most space. Parents CAN stand if they wear a mask AND socially distance.
* Please wash your hands frequently. All of our teams should have hand sanitizer available at all time.
* Do a symptom check BEFORE leaving your house each day. If you are experiencing symptoms, please stay home.
* Those not adhering to the league's rules concerning COVID-19 will be instructed to leave the park.
4. The Schedule and the Rules can be found under separate tabs. In order to determine when final games are or TBD games, you need to view those schedules.s
5. Results are tabulated by Division and can be displayed by:
* Going to www.ohiochampionsleague.com
* Clicking on TEAMS
* Selecting OCL Fall 2020 League Tournament
* The Division you are seeking
* Clicking on Standings
* NOTE: Scores are entered with a 4-goal maximum goal differential (7-1 is entered as 5-1)
* NOTE: Head-to-Head is NOT accounted for in the tie-breakers. Therefore, FINAL STANDINGS determining who advances/wins division is determined by the tie-breakers. Those rules can be found under the Schedule spreadsheet.
Please review your schedule to make sure you have the latest version!
Hilliard Soccer Complex Map has been uploaded (Under the OCL Tournament Tab under Forms, Rules, More. The Soccer Park (ALL HSP-n Fields at are the Hilliard Soccer PARK, not the Complex!) Map is coming. PLEASE DO NOT PARK IN THE NURSERY ACROSS THE STREET, YOU WILL BE TOWED!
You Want to Become/Continue to Be a Referee (New Links)
I just got off the phone with the State Director of Instruction. We worked through the issues that folks have been experiencing. He is in the process of updating the OSSRC site. In the meantime, here are three links to get all referees started down the right path.
ALL Referees Start Here (this will enable the referee to create a profile -- you can skip this step IF you have a USSoccer Profile):
Referee Availability Form for Fall 2020 Now Available
The COPL/OCL Fall 2020 Referee Availability Form is now available. As you will notice, we are requesting availability much earlier into the Summer. As soon as the State, USSoccer, and the Clubs all approve play, we will begin scheduling games. We just hope that is sometime soon! Here is the form: