Ken McMahon posted 1/25/2023
Coaches and Admins,
Over the past 36 hours or so, a number of changes have been made.
1. We will continue to dynamically update the individual team contacts for each team throughout the day as we process the adds/modifies/drops. Each of the six spreadsheets have been updated (and will continue to be) under Hey Coach/Coach News. Need a contact added/dropped or modified? Here is the form:
2. We will continue to add/remove teams as we receive these requests. MANY of these requests will end up not being granted based on current division configurations. The most common request at this point will be late team drops. Other than communicating this information, there is not a whole lot that can be done in these cases. If a change needs to be made for a team, please complete this form:
2A. Due to repeated confusion between WU94 U-09/U-10 teams with Worthington parent-coached teams, team names have been changed. WU Cardinals teams (NOT to be confused with Worthington Cardinals teams!) have been renamed WU Black, while WU Warriors teams have been renamed WU Gray and WU Wolves teams have been renamed WU White. ALL contacts have been updated.
3. Reminders concerning scheduling of games:
* All teams are expected to play all teams within their division/subdivision.
* It is not acceptable at this point to tell a divisional opponent that their schedule is Full.
* DOCUMENT emails and texts to teams that are not responding -- we will use this information to either force a team to schedule an opponent OR to explain why one team did NOT reasonably respond.
* Once a team has scheduled all divisional teams, they can begin scheduling games against ANY OTHER TEAM in any division or age group!
* IMPORTANT POINT FOR COACHES/ADMINS: Team schedules are being built between January 22nd AND February 5th. Do NOT bury your head in the sand. If you have ZERO GAMES or ONE GAME scheduled, you are putting your team BEHIND!
* IF you need HELP, TEXT Barb (812-493-3013), KC (614-381-1170) or Ken (614-515-9300).
4. We will conduct a New Coaches/New Admins Meeting on SATURDAY, January 28th at 10:00AM (this will be a virtual meeting -- link will be sent by Friday evening).
5. The league tournament dates are available on the OCL Calendar on the OCL home page.
6. Please avoid scheduling games during the two Nike Challenge Cup weekends and the second weekend of the League Tournaments as there will be an extra 500-700 games on those weekends and we simply run out of referees. Please see the OCL Calendar for dates if unsure.
7. As a starting point, please tentatively schedule weekend games using the following start times: 8:40AM/10:00AM/11:20AM/12:40PM/2:00PM/3:20PM/4:40PM/6:00PM/7:20PM.
8. If a single coach is scheduling games back-to-back on a weekend, those games can be scheduled more tightly together than the above times.
9. If you are adding a game, UNLESS you know your exact field number, please use DUMMY fields (i.e. Darree 7v7 Field, etc.) rather than guessing on a field number.
10. If you cannot find a field/dummy field (the fields are sorted by City/Park/Field #), DO NOT ADD A NEW FIELD -- EVERY TIME you enter a field name, another instance of that field will be added to the fields data base further slowing down the system for everyone.
Next update coming within the next 12 to 36 hours.