Ken McMahon posted 11/22/2023
Coaches and Admins,
Registration for the OSPL/COPL/OCL Spring 2024 System is now OPEN!
You will notice a lot of bold text in this broadcast! This represents a major change in our processes.
Please READ 100% of the information below BEFORE attempting to register!
This will be one of the last messages coming from our current website!
Please communicate with your Club Administrator BEFORE registering your team. Regardless whether Team Admins/Coaches register teams individually OR your Club Administrator elects to register all teams within a Club, PLEASE reach out to them first!
The Deadline to register a team is December 15, 2023 at 6:00PM
How to Register Teams for Scheduling in GotSport
Scheduling will now take place in the GotSport system. Meaning your club/teams must be in GotSport in order to register for the leagues scheduling event.
TEAMS CANNOT REGISTER FOR THE SCHEDULING EVENT IF THEY ARE NOT REGISTERED TO THE CARDING EVENT.
General Overview of steps:
- Register team for carding using the YouTube Video Guide Playlist
- Register team for Scheduling event in GotSport (different process for individual team’s vs whole club in bulk).
o A.) Club admins (including ALL academy teams) to register for scheduling.
o B) Team admin/Coach process to register for scheduling (the actual link to register your team can be found in this video guide, but it is critical that ALL TEAM ADMINS/COACHES reach out to your Club Admin/Carding Coordinator BEFORE REGISTERING YOUR TEAM! NOT Following this step COULD result in Club-wide issues.) NOTE: Coaches/Admins SHOULD have a GotSport account (IF you have gotten carded or otherwise been on the GotSport.com site).
Club admins can register teams in bulk, similarly to how teams were/are registered for the carding event.
If you already registered and carded the time in the Fall, you only need to register the team to the Scheduling event, as the first steps are already done for those teams.
The leagues team fees will be visible and payable in the final step of registration. Note however, that ZERO dollars are due at the time of initial registration. The deadline for paying league fees will be shown on the same form element (March 15th, 2024). Please make sure you are selecting the correct fee as their will be an option for NEW teams, and for RETURNING teams.
REMINDER: Team rosters will be sourced from the Ohio Champions League carding event. You can find all of the carding video guides linked below. Keep in mind that there are separate playlists for parents, coaches/team admins, and club admins.
Club Admin Video Guides
Coach/Team Admin Video Guides
Parent/Guardian Video Guides
FOR ACADEMY TEAMS ONLY:
- You will have a “Pool” team that is registered to the carding event, and has ALL players/coaches rostered.
- You will create an “empty” team for each instance of the academy teams groups (Team I, II, III for example). These empty teams will be exclusively for scheduling purposes. They do not need players rostered, just a coach/manager for contact info.
- Register all of the empty teams to BOTH the carding event, and the scheduling event.
- All game scheduling will be done using those empty teams, and your carding/roster adjustments will be done using the “pool” team.
PLEASE watch the linked video guides if you are having any issues. If you are still running into any problems after reviewing the video guides, you may contact KC via text message, at 614-381-1170.